About La Puente Valley County Water District
The La Puente Valley County Water District was formed in August 1924 by popular vote, in accordance with the County Water District Act of 1913. On April 28, 1925, voters approved a general obligation bond issue for $135,000. Proceeds of the bond were used to purchase the Puente City Water Company for $35,000 and to pay for the construction of almost five miles of water mains.
In its infancy the District consisted of approximately 1,300 acres and 200 customers. At that time most of the water produced from the District’s Wellfield was delivered to meet agricultural irrigation needs of the valley.
To this day, the District’s Wellfield continues to be the main source of supply to meet the needs of the District’s customers. Today the District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors elected at large from its’ service area and provides potable water to approximately 9,000 consumers through 2,500 service connections in portions of the cities of La Puente and Industry.
The mission of the La Puente Valley County Water District is to provide its customers with high quality water for residential, commercial, industrial and fire protection uses that meets or exceeds all local, state and federal standards and to provide courteous and responsive service at the most reasonable cost.
The Board of Directors and Staff take the Mission of the District serious and it helps guide us in all that we do in managing your District.