If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of energetic and multi-talented professionals, we invite you to apply for any of our current postings.
The La Puente Valley County Water District (District) is accepting applications for the position of Water System Operator I. The salary range for this position is $4,697 to $6,459 per month. The District will be accepting applications until the close of business on June 30, 2022 (4:00 p.m.).
The District provides water service to portions of the City of La Puente and the City of Industry through 64 miles of pipelines, 6 wells, 6 reservoirs, 9 booster pump stations, 7 pressure zones and a groundwater treatment facility. The District’s 3.6 MGD groundwater treatment facility is comprised of air stripping, single pass ion exchange and UV advanced oxidation treatment systems. In addition, in the next 12 months the District will begin operating a new 2.8 MGD groundwater treatment facility that will comprise of LGAC, IX, UV AOP and RO treatment processes.
Under direct supervision, performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in water system operation, maintenance, installation, and repair assignments. This position also performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in operations and maintenance at groundwater treatment plants, well field, booster stations, flow control valves, and chemical feed systems. This is a Journeyman position. This position will serve as a “Shift Operator” for water treatment and water distribution activities as defined in California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Chapter 13, Operator Certification.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Experience: two years of responsible work experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of water systems, including some experience with field customer relations and performing water treatment operations and water supply facility operations.
• Training/Education: High school graduation, or satisfactory equivalent, preferably supplemented by college level course work in water supply, water treatment, supervision, public administration, construction management or related subjects.
Certification and Other Requirements
• Valid California Class C Driver License is required at the time of appointment.
• Grade II Water Distribution Operator certificate issued by the SWRCB.
• Grade II Water Treatment Operator Certificate issued by SWRCB.
• Cal OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety (certificate of course completion).
The District acknowledges the current challenges with operator testing and certification. With that said, the District may allow an appropriate amount of time to obtain required certifications, as specified and agreed upon at the time of hire.